Contest Rules & Regulations
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. PARTICIPANT MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO THE ARES CUISINE NEWSLETTER IN ORDER TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THE PROMOTION IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA WHO ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. THE CONTEST PERIOD BEGINS AS OF APRIL 1ST, 2017 AT 12:00 A.M. EASTERN TIME AND ENDS AS OF JULY 31ST, 2017 AT 11:59 P.M. EASTERN TIME. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, YOU AGREE TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTES BY BINDING ARBITRATION AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 10 BELOW. BY ENTERING THIS PROMOTION, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL RESPECTS.
- ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal residents of Canada who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of April 1st, 2017 with access to the internet at all times during the contest period (as defined below) and subsequent Prize Award Period (as defined below). Ares Cuisine Ltd and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees,and agents (all of the foregoing together with Sponsor, collectively referred to as “ Contest Entities”), suppliers, printers, advertising and promotional agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not) are ineligible to enter or win this contest. All applicable federal, provincial, territorial and local laws and regulations apply. VOID OUTSIDE THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. By participating in this contest, you agree to fully and unconditionally accept and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The contest entry period begins as of April 1st, 2017 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends as of July 31st, 2017, 11:59 PM ET (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received by Sponsor no later than 11:59 PM ET on July 31st, 2017. Winner will be selected from all eligible entries properly submitted pursuant to these Official Rules during the contest Period. Sponsor’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to the contest.
- CONTEST ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: During the contest period you may enter this contest by using one of the following means of entry set forth below. Each entry whether a Canadian Online Entry, or Mail-in Entry (as each is defined below) shall be considered an “ Entry” under this contest and all such entries shall together constitute “ Entries” under this contest. All Online Entries must be received by no later than 11:59 PM ET on July 31st, 2017, and all Mail-In Entries must be postmarked by July 29th, 2017 and received by no later than 11:59 PM ET on July 31st, 2017.
Free Online Entry for Canadian Residents: You may submit an online entry to this contest by visiting arescuisine.com and completing the online entry form during the contest period with your name, province/territory of residence and email address (“Canadian Online Entry”). Limit one (1) entry per person, per email account, per household during the contest Period regardless of method of entry. Any attempts by an entrant to submit more than one (1) entry per person, per email account, per household during the contest Period (regardless of method of entry) will result in such entrant being disqualified. Each Canadian Online Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted with Entry.
All Canadian Online Entries must be received by no later than 11:59 PM ET on July 31, 2017.
Alternative Means of Entry:
Free Mail-in Entry: You may submit an entry by mail (“ Mail-in Entry”) to this contest as follows: send a postcard via Canadian mail which includes your name, email address, gender and province/territory of residence to Sponsor at Ares Cuisine Ltd, 2000 Hymus, Dorval, QC H9P 1J7 Attn: “Ares $1000 Shopping Spree Contest” during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit one (1) Mail-in Entry per person per email account per household during the contest period, regardless of method of entry. Any attempts by an entrant to submit more than one (1) Mail-in Entry per person per email account per household during the contest period (regardless of method of entry) will result in such entrant being disqualified. Each Mail-in Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted with the Entry. All Mail-In Entries Must be postmarked by July 29th, 2017 and received by no later than 11:59 PM ET on July 31, 2017.
All Entries become the property of Sponsor and may not be acknowledged or returned. Entries displaying or containing profanity or that are obscene or otherwise inappropriate (as determined by Sponsor) will be disqualified, as will Entries that violate copyright laws or infringe on any third party rights. Multiple Entries by an individual person in excess of the preceding limitations or mass entry attempts will result in disqualification of the person and void all Entries related to such conduct. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. Entries must comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email account, as applicable, used to enter this contest will be deemed to be the entrant. An “ authorized account holder ” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain or website associated with the submitted e-mail address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the Entry will be deemed ineligible.By submitting an Entry, you:(1) give Contest Entities the right to publish your Entry, including your name and/or email address, on the Sponsor’s websites and/or other public websites; (2) assign all ownership rights to your Entry to Sponsor; (3) assign all usage rights to your Entry To Sponsor and the contest Entities; and (4) agree to receive promotional emails from Ares Cuisine Ltd.
The potential Winner will be notified via email to the email address submitted with his/her Entry on or around August 1st, 2017 (" Prize Award Period"). The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor Whose decisions on all matters relating to the contest shall be final and binding in all respects. At the sole discretion of Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate Winner may result from any of the following: (1) a potential Winner’s failure to respond to Winner notification by email within seventy-two (72) hours after its transmission; (2) the return of a notification as undeliverable after one (1) attempt; (3) a potential Winner’s failure to timely provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (4) potential Winner’s failure to execute and return a Declaration and Release/Publicity Release and other documentation as requested by Sponsor within seven (7) days after its transmission, if and as applicable; (5) a potential Winner’s failure to validly claim the prize by August 3rd, 2017; (6) failure of a Canadian resident to correctly answer the skill testing question; and (7) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event that a potential Winner is disqualified for any reason or in the event of prize forfeiture, Sponsor may or may not award the Prize (as defined below), in Sponsor’s sole discretion to an alternate potential Winner selected at random.
- PRIZE: One (1) grand prize (“Grand Prize” or “Prize”) will be awarded in this contest.
Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize shall consist of: one (1) One Thousand Dollar ($1,000) voucher redeemable at any Ares Cuisine store location (approximate retail value or “ARV” $1,000 CAD). Total ARV of the Grand Prize to be awarded in this contest is One Thousand Dollars ($1,000 CAD).
Grand Prize Winner Will Be required to execute and return a Declaration and Release/Publicity Release form.
Grand Prize consists only of the item expressly set forth above. Contest Entities make no warranties or conditions, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties and conditions, express or implied, concerning the Prize or any portion of the Prize furnished in connection with this contest. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein and all expenses Winner may reasonably incur in receiving or using the Prize are not included as part of the Prize, and are solely Winner’s responsibility. Canadian residents must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered at an Ares Cuisine store location without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid in order to be named a Winner and to receive the Prize. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution shall be made except as provided herein at Sponsor’s sole discretion.Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated Prize should become unavailable for any reason. Prize will not be replaced if lost or stolen and is not redeemable for cash, unless required by law. Prize will be awarded provided it is validly claimed by August 3rd, 2017, after which an alternate Winner may or may not be selected, or unclaimed prize awarded.
PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES (AS DEFINED BELOW) DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE CONTEST OR PRIZES.
THE CONTESY ENTITIES (INCLUDING ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, PARTNERS, SHAREHOLDERS, MANAGERS, RELATED FINANCING PARTIES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES FOR CLAIMS, INJURIES, EXPENSES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEATH AND BODILY INJURY AND PROPERTY DAMAGE, RESULTING, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE AWARDING, DELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, USE, MISUSE, POSSESSION, LOSS OR MISDIRECTION OF ANY PRIZE; PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY OR TRAVEL OR FROM ANY INTERACTION WITH, OR DOWNLOADING OF, COMPUTER CONTEST INFORMATION.
- PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS : By entering or participating in the contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, the terms and conditions of the Sponsor’s websites, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. By entering the contest, entrants waive the right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules or in the contest itself. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the contest. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
In addition to the foregoing, Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry process or the contest; (3) any lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected Entries regardless of the circumstances; or (4) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the contest, the processing of Entries, or the selection or notification of Winner. Further, if, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at Sponsor's sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest (or portion thereof). In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, Sponsor will select Winner from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to such action. Sponsor also reserves the right at Sponsor's sole discretion to disqualify the Entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the contest Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such Entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
AN ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE(S) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- INDEMNIFICATION: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST EACH ENTRANT AND WINNER AGREES: (A) TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF SPONSOR; AND (B) TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE CONTEST ENTITIES AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, PARTNERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, EMPLOYEES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, COSTS (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' AND LEGAL FEES) AND EXPENSES OF ANY KIND THAT ARISE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OUT OF OR FROM: (1) THE CONTEST; (2) RECEIPT, USE, MISUSE OR REDEMPTION OF ANY PRIZE; (3) PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITIES OR TRAVELS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY PROPERTY LOSS, DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH CAUSED TO ANY PERSON(S)).
RULES/WINNERS’ LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for notification of the Winner (after Contest Period closes), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Ares Shopping Spree Contest (Canada) Official Rules/Winner List Request, Ares Cuisine Ltd, 2000 Hymus, Dorval, QC H9P 1J7, Canada. Requests for Winner's list must be received no later than three (3) months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
- SPONSOR: Ares Cuisine Ltd, 2000 Hymus, Dorval, QC H9P 1J7, Canada.
TM & © 2017 Ares Cuisine Ltd. All rights reserved.